Gerry is a retired Professional Engineer with more than 36 years experience leading professional services firm, Ulteig. A seasoned senior executive, Gerry served in multiple leadership roles within Ulteig including President and CEO.
Under his leadership, Ulteig was transformed into an enterprise-level company while continuing to grow profitability. Critical business processes were evaluated, designed, developed and re-engineered to implement consistent corporate and administrative structures while complementing the needs of engineering professionals. Ulteig was founded in 1944 and experienced its greatest growth in headcount, geographic reach, and revenue during Gerry’s tenure as President and CEO.
Gerry is recognized as a high-energy, results-based broad thinker who drives change in fast-paced team environments. During his leadership Gerry was instrumental in:
- Transforming company from individual satellite offices into a centralized infrastructure
- Narrowed focus to specific business sectors with supporting infrastructure
- Drove technology adoption to improve enterprise communications
- Made strategically acquisitions to increase company market reach
- Instituted Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Created expertise in specific markets including aviation, water/wastewater, healthcare, electrical utilities and renewable energy, municipalities, and LEED / sustainable projects.
- Grew Ulteig into one of the top wind power designers in industry
Gerry holds a Bachelor of Engineering Degree from North Dakota State University.